CHESAPEAKE CULINARY CENTER
512 Franklin St, Denton, MD
The historic Caroline County High School building was built in 1904. It had been vacant for over 30 years prior to being eyed for a new facility to serve the County’s high school students in learning the culinary arts. The 5,295 square foot, $2,300,000.00 project received numerous Education grants and Historic Rehabilitation grants from the State of Maryland.
The design challenge was to create a new state of the art culinary facility within the confines of the historic room layouts and architecture. Additionally, ADA access had to be provided to new restrooms and for access to all levels. The redevelopment brings an old member of the community back to serving future generations.